a haven for nature lovers
Idler's Rest has been a beloved community recreational site since the early 1900's. Scout troops, families, nature lovers and students have gathered here to enjoy and care for this special place for generations. We can't wait for you to continue the tradition with your friends and family.
current conditions (April 12, 2018): Trails are in good condition for this point in the season, with run-off affecting the meadowview trail exit and portions of the highland loop. There are three large trees down on the trail system, and we are working to get them cleared soon. parking lot potholes have returned, use caution in low ground-clearance vehicles. stream is rushing and beautiful and the first wildflowers are starting to show.
Because Idler's Rest is a nature preserve, we ask that visitors respect the following rules:
- Keep pets on a leash
- Keep noise to a minimum
- Pack out trash and pet waste
- Refrain from disturbing plants or animals
- No hunting, firearms and/or paintball
- No fires and no wood-cutting
- No motorized vehicles or mountain bikes
- Groups or large gatherings should call the office for permission prior to your event
- Visit the Preserve during daylight hours only (the Preserve is closed after dark and there is no overnight camping allowed)